Sign up for restaurant insights
The way people eat is rapidly changing. Even with the pandemic all but in the rearview mirror, consumers are still relying on food delivery services to order from their favorite local restaurants. In turn, restaurant technology has never been more important to the success of your business.
In fact, 8 in 10 restaurant operators say that using technology in their restaurant is a competitive advantage. That’s why many businesses are planning to increase tech investments in 2022.
But when you partner with a restaurant technology provider it shouldn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg — and with Grubhub, it doesn’t. As a participating restaurant, you gain access to Grubhub’s diverse lineup of products and solutions without needing to worry about hidden fees, upcharges or monthly service fees.
So, which Grubhub product and pricing plan is right for you? To help answer that question, let’s dive deeper into Grubhub prices, products and solutions.
How much does it cost to use Grubhub Marketplace?
If your restaurant isn’t discoverable on a third-party food delivery service, you risk undercutting your ability to grow your business and earn new customers. That’s why we offer Grubhub Marketplace: the ideal way to maximize your visibility and attract a new following.
As a participating restaurant, your business is discoverable on the Grubhub website and mobile app. That means you’re empowered to expand your reach, increase order volume and drive traffic to your restaurant.
How much does Grubhub Marketplace cost? Well, to answer that question you’ll need to understand the Grubhub marketing fee. The marketing commission (also called marketing percentage or marketing fee) that restaurants pay determines the amount of visibility and exposure that a restaurant may receive on the Grubhub Marketplace.
As a Grubhub partner, you can take your pick of three flexible pricing plans:
- Grubhub Basic: For marketing fees as low as 5% (excluding delivery), you gain access to a dedicated Account Advisor, a free welcome kit, a free menu item photoshoot and consultation services, not to mention a free Grubhub tablet and point-of-sale (POS) integration. In short, you get everything you need to get started.
- Grubhub Plus: For marketing fees as low as 10% (excluding delivery), you gain even more exposure on the Grubhub app and website. With access to Grubhub+ diners — a community of our most high-frequency and hungry customers — you can drive more orders and grow your business.
- Grubhub Premium: For marketing fees as low 15% (excluding delivery), you gain additional access to Grubhub’s promotion and loyalty tools, as well as the ability to respond to ratings and reviews to engage with your fans. With Grubhub Premium, your diners will pay the lowest delivery fee available on every order. For an additional 5% commission fee, you can leverage a Sponsored Listing — a service that includes your restaurant in email blasts and puts you in the rotating top three spots on Grubhub Marketplace.
All Grubhub partners also gain the advantage of our self-service merchant portal — Grubhub for Restaurants — so that you can manage your online experience in one dashboard. Whether it be listings, orders, promotions or financials, you can control it all for no additional service fee.
Build a custom online ordering site with Grubhub Direct at no additional fee
As a restaurant owner, you know that online ordering isn’t just the way of the future — it’s the here and now. With at least 90%* of surveyed consumers expecting consistent or increased usage of online ordering moving forward, it’s no wonder that the online food delivery market is expected to surpass $470 billion by 2026.
Every restaurant wants a piece of that pie. Grubhub Direct is the tool that serves it to you free of charge on a silver platter. Here’s how it works:
- Every eligible Grubhub Marketplace restaurant can automatically import their menu, photos, logos and more into Grubhub Direct.
- From there, you can leverage our free-to-use site styler to customize your online ordering experience with the font, colors and imagery that best suit your brand.
- Once your branded site is launched, you can use your owned customer data to promote your online ordering service over social media, email and more.
And the best part? Grubhub Direct is completely free to all eligible customers: no setup cost, hosting fee or service fee required. Your restaurant will only pay a delivery fee if applicable and the Grubhub standard processing fee (3.05%, plus 30 cents per prepaid transaction). Access to your customer data, promotions and loyalty programs will always be available at no additional cost.
How much does it cost to use Grubhub Delivery?
To be a successful restaurant owner in 2022 is to be a master of food delivery. Why? Because delivery apps are where consumers are discovering new restaurants, ordering online and feeding their hunger.
But here’s the thing: The food delivery needs of one restaurant may not be exactly like those of another. You deserve a delivery service partner with the flexibility to meet your needs, no matter how they might change over time.
That’s why Grubhub provides the means to expand your reach and deliver on your terms. In fact, nearly 9 out of 10 independent restaurants who use Grubhub agree that we increase the volume of takeout and delivery orders.*
Here’s a closer look at Grubhub’s three flexible and affordable delivery options:
- Self Delivery: Use your own delivery driver fleet to complete orders placed on the Grubhub website or delivery app.
- Grubhub Delivery: For a 10% delivery fee, you can leverage our fleet of professional drivers who will take care of logistics and delivery on your behalf.
- Supplemental Delivery: Use Grubhub drivers to deliver outside your current boundaries or during busy times. You’ll only pay a delivery fee when you use a Grubhub delivery driver.
Grubhub Delivery simplifies delivery service so that you can focus on the food. With real-time order tracking and 24/7 customer care, you don’t need to worry — Grubhub has you covered.
Launching a Virtual Restaurant without breaking the bank
Becoming a more resilient restaurant is all about diversifying your revenue streams. That’s exactly what launching a virtual restaurant can do for your business.
Contrary to popular belief, a virtual restaurant doesn’t require a substantial investment. Virtual restaurants operate from within your existing kitchen, using your existing staff and the ingredients you already have on hand. The only difference is the menu — crafted entirely from scratch or chosen from one of Grubhub’s selection of prebuilt licensed brands.
The cost of launching a virtual restaurant will vary depending on whether you want to create your own brand or license an existing one. When you create your own, you’re in complete control of everything, but it can take a lot more time, effort and startup money to get the ball rolling.
As a simpler turnkey alternative, Grubhub offers a wide array of branded virtual restaurants that can be licensed at a fraction of the cost. With this option, you can start increasing revenue without all of the additional overhead created by development, branding, packaging, marketing and promotion.
Choosing the right solution at the right price
When you decide on a restaurant technology and service provider, it’s important to weigh your options carefully. As a restaurant owner, you don’t just need a provider — you need a partner.
With Grubhub, you not only gain access to our high-frequency, very hungry marketplace of diners. You also gain the support of our menu consultation team, restaurant experts and dedicated Account Advisors who are invested in your success.
Our people work with you to maximize the power of Grubhub, whether it be through online ordering, delivery, virtual restaurants and more. With flexible pricing plans and solutions, we’re committed to meeting your needs, maximizing your revenue and feeding your fanbase.
* Source: Technomic, Inc. restaurant industry survey report (2022) in partnership with Grubhub